Trinity Performance Minerals
On behalf of our client – Trinity Performance Minerals, Jump Recruitment is seeking highly focused candidates for the position of Controller, located in Conception Bay South, NL.
WHO WE ARE:
Trinity Performance Minerals is a private company operating a world-class pyrophyllite mine in Newfoundland. With the chemistry of a kaolin clay and the structure of a talc, Trinity supplies products to the plastics, coatings, refractory, foundry and industrial segments in North America and the EU.
Working directly with the President and CEO, the Controller will be accountable for the precise and timely financial management of the company. The successful candidate will be responsible for bookkeeping operations, production of financial reports, and maintenance of accounting records.
- Develop internal controls, policies and procedures for budget accounting, cash and credit management, administration, and other activities
- Coordinate and direct strategics budgeting, procurement, investment activities and financial planning
- Monitor the financial performance of the company and communicate key metrics to senior management
- Manage capital expenditure budgets
- Compile and analyze financial reporting packages
- Prepare monthly and annual operating budgets
- Develop and manage financial controls in accordance with the company’s procedures
- Manage accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Manage the preparation of payroll
- Ensure compliance with federal regulations (e.g., taxes and reporting)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or related discipline
- Accounting designation (CPA), or an equivalent combination of related experience and education
- Minimum of 8-10 years’ experience in an accounting or financial management role
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Understanding of financial data analysis and reporting
- Ability to deliver quality work on tight deadlines, with strong organization and priority setting skills
- Advanced computer skills, specifically in Excel and accounting software (ASK clients what they use)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Ability to work closely with senior management
If you are a highly motivated accounting professional and excited to work in a challenging but rewarding environment, please apply directly online.
Sam Carberry | HR Coordinator & Recruiter | firstname.lastname@example.org
Jump Recruitment Specialists | www.jumpcareers.ca
We embrace diversity. Individuals that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest, however; only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. Applicants considered for the position will be subject to a background check. This opportunity is only available for candidates legally entitled to work in Canada.