Bookkeeper – St. Johns, NL
On behalf of our client – a local company, Jump Recruitment Specialists is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Bookkeeper. This is a permanent full-time position.
As Bookkeeper, you are responsible for managing the overall financial operations, and will provide accurate information, including analysis, budgeting, forecasting, costing, and preparing financial reports. The Bookkeeper will be responsible for directing and managing the company’s accounting functions, including establishing and maintaining accounting principles, practices, and procedures as well as the preparation of financial statements. The Bookkeeper maintains the company’s accounting systems and implements changes as required.
- Bank and Credit Card reconciliation
- Contribute to the accuracy/productivity of day-to-day activities of accounts payable, cash disbursements, accounts receivable, payroll and fixed assets records.
- GST/HST and payroll remittance.
- Compile and analyze financial reporting packages-monthly, yearly, and year-to-date.
- Administration of capital assets records/accounting.
- Complete financial and operational analysis relate to projects and growth opportunities.
- Management of projects, inventory and WIP.
- Provide accurate and timely reporting on the financial activity of individual projects.
- Establish guidelines for budget and forecast preparation and prepare annual budgets.
- Maintain and balance intercompany accounts.
- Timely and accurate preparation of monthly financial statements, including management reports and variance analysis for management review.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Certificate/Diploma – Business Administration/ Concentration in Accounting
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience working with a group of companies.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures.
- Understanding of financial data analysis and reporting.
- Ability to deliver quality work on tight deadlines, with strong organization and priority setting skills.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Strong interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Initiative-taking and self-directed.
Brendan Hagerty | email@example.com
Higher talent | www.highertalent.ca
We embrace diversity. Individuals that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest, however; only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. Applicants considered for the position will be subject to a background check. This opportunity is only available for candidates legally entitled to work in Canada.