On behalf of our client, Place Bonaventure Condominium Corporation (PBCC), Jump Recruitment Specialists is currently seeking an experienced Cleaner/Maintenance Support, who demonstrates a sense of pride in work well done, to join their amazing team in St. John’s, NL.
Who Are We?
The Corporation is a prestigious, architecturally significant condo building located in the heart of St. John’s, NL with 61 well- appointed condominium units. Located in the center of the oldest city in North America, the two buildings are aging, and the Corporation wishes to keep all aspects of the physical infrastructure and grounds well maintained. The Building Maintenance Manager and the Cleaner/Maintenance Support positions will be key to achieving this objective.
Reporting to the Building Maintenance Manager for day-to-day operations, the Cleaner/Maintenance Support will keep clean, tidy and safe every aspect of the grounds and buildings (the property) located at 25 and 35 Bonaventure Avenue, St. John’s NL and will assist the Building Maintenance Manager as required. The Cleaner/Maintenance Support will also be responsible for the following recurring and one- time activities:
- Clean/vacuum all floors, furniture, doors, blinds and windows (both interior and exterior), elevators, exercise equipment, elevator doors, stairwells and all other areas and surfaces on a regular schedule and on an “as needed” basis to ensure that areas are free of dust, dirt, scuff marks and smudges
- Clean garbage shuts and garbage rooms/surfaces on a regular scheduled or “as needed” basis, along with cleaning and organize the garbage storage and garbage rooms
- Label and store resident tires on a seasonal basis
- Collect recyclables throughout both buildings on a weekly or more frequent basis and store until pickup – you will place at curbside for such weekly pickup
- Monitor violations of the recyclables policy and report any concerns to the Building Maintenance Manager so that appropriate action can be implemented
- Ensure that the garage and parking spaces remain free of unauthorized items and report concerns to the Building Maintenance Manager so appropriate action can be implemented
- Manage the install and removal of elevator protection pads and allow access to garage doors to contractors and suppliers on a controlled basis
- Sweep and clean outside walkways on a regular and “as needed” basis to keep them clean and free of debris
- Pick up tree branches as well as garbage and debris blown on and around the property or that is discarded by passersby so that the property is kept clean and tidy
- Clear snow as needed on a regular daily/hourly basis from front entrances and steps, emergency exits at all times and including after hours
- Apply appropriate ice melting product on an “as needed” basis at all entrances and steps to ensure safety for residents and visitors
- Mow and trim all grass on a regular schedule and rake and bag leaves
- Be available to residents who report emergency issues after hours and triage issues to the appropriate source
- Report to/assist the Building Maintenance Manager on any deficiencies or required repairs that may be noticed in the course of the day
- Maintain an inventory and adequate stock of cleaning supplies, snow/ice clearing supplies
- Complete the set up and dismantling of rooms and courtyard for all special occasions/social events throughout the year
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- A high school Diploma
- Well-developed time management and organizational skills
- Communication and interpersonal skills consistent with maintaining a respectful and collegial relationship with and among residents, visitors, and suppliers
- Ability to develop and maintain an appropriate expense budget relevant to the position’s duties e.g., cleaning and other supplies
- Willingness to live on site in a condo provided by PBCC
- Willingness to abide by the policies, rules and regulations of PBCC including a smoke and pet free environment
- A Competitive salary
- 2 weeks paid vacation
- Benefits Package
- A live in condo
- Plus, so much more!
If you are someone who takes pride in their work with a keen attention to detail – have the qualifications and are prepared to bring your “A” game, apply today!
Brendan Hagerty, General Manager | email@example.com
Jump Recruitment Specialists | www.jumpcareers.ca
At Higher Talent we recognize the value of diversity and are committed to making intentional steps toward building inclusive teams that better reflect the communities Higher Talent and the organizations we serve operate within. We believe that inclusion is not just about making room at the table but about seeking out talent through a diversity lens and letting everyone know that their unique perspectives are important contributions to building stronger workplaces in a changing world.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply for our posted positions. We welcome candidates to self-identify or make our recruitment team aware of any potential accommodations they may need during the recruitment process.
This opportunity is only available for candidates legally entitled to work in Canada. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit jumpcareers.ca.