Higher Talent is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Chief Operating Officer – Real Estate, on behalf of our client, DewCor. This will be a full-time, permanent position.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY:
DewCor is a Newfoundland and Labrador owned group of companies that has a broad range of dynamic business ventures including the Galway master-planned community and other real estate developments, golf courses, and charitable organizations. DewCor is seeking a Chief Operating Officer, Real Estate to join our corporate team in St. John’s, NL. This opportunity represents a compelling career challenge for a motivated individual looking to join a well-established and respected organization. To find out more, please visit: https://www.dewcor.ca/
The Chief Operating Officer, Real Estate will be a key contributor to the development, planning, implementation, and execution of DewCor’s business strategies. You will be responsible for overseeing construction and the penetration of new business. You will maintain and grow business relationships by enhancing credibility, developing trust, and providing outstanding service and results. Reporting to the CEO and working closely with the CFO, the ideal candidate will help set and drive the corporate strategy while leading the day-to-day operations.
- Play a key role in strategic planning and business development
- Identify and evaluate real estate opportunities including investments, acquisitions, and corporate partnerships
- Oversee the planning and design of commercial, residential, industrial, and mixed-use projects
- Tender, award, and manage civil and commercial construction projects
- Cultivate strong and lasting relationships with employees, consultants, regulators, contractors, and tenants
- Lead property management operations for commercial buildings
- Provide accurate insights & visibility to the leadership team on most recent trends, issues, risks & opportunities
- Lead projects, prioritize activities, handle pressure on tight deadlines in a dynamic and ever-changing environment
- Coordinate major activities and initiatives, communicating issues and impacts
- Other duties required by the leadership team
- Post-secondary education in a relevant field or equivalent professional experience in construction management or engineering
- Proven experience in a senior level construction project management capacity
- Relevant work experience in commercial property management
- Solid financial foundation with an understanding of financial statements and business case development
- Ability to juggle multiple deadlines simultaneously and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced corporate environment
- Must be a team player with a willingness to always pitch in to help
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, and collaboration skills
- Advanced computer skills, specifically MS Office
- Discrete and comfortable working with highly confidential information
If you have the ability to see the bigger picture, and have the qualifications, and are prepared to meet the challenges as outlined, apply in strictest confidence today!
For more information, please reach out to:
Krista Tapper, Senior HR Consultant | firstname.lastname@example.org
Higher Talent Inc. | www.highertalent.ca
We embrace diversity. Individuals that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills are encouraged to apply. Applicants considered for the position will be subject to a background check. This opportunity is only available for candidates legally entitled to work in Canada. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.