Avalon Laboratories Inc. is Newfoundland and Labrador’s only fully certified analytical lab. They provide food pathology and safety testing, water quality analysis, microbiology and toxicology testing, COVID testing as well as testing for the oil-and-gas industry. They are currently looking for a Chemist to join their team as we grow and diversify their operation.
- A competitive salary;
- A comprehensive medical benefits plan;
- A challenging work environment; and
- An opportunity to be a part of a growing private business.
The Chemist will work in the oil & gas laboratory and must have the technical expertise to provide scientific support for investigations and analytical projects. This would include all aspects of planning, characterization, data analysis, work flow and report writing for oil & gas customers. This individual must independently apply advanced scientific techniques to projects and full time to time provide technical guidance to others in the organization. The ideal candidate must be solution oriented, develop processes that require innovation and ingenuity, work with minimal supervision in a time efficient fashion and be responsible for all laboratory procedures and work product.
- Organize procedures, methods, documentation, equipment maintenance, operations and assists with proposal writing;
- Able to operate and maintain typical laboratory equipment and solve analytical problems;
- Follow procedures to ensure compliance with industry regulations;
- Participate in developing work plans, including sampling plans, and quality assurance project plans;
- Maintaining chemical inventory and adequate stocks;
- Analytical equipment inventory and maintenance;
- Maintain a list of analytical capabilities with associated methods for determination;
- Safe work practices for the laboratory; and
- Performing analysis of reservoir fluids using the latest techniques.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience in chemistry laboratory is essential;
- Minimum of M.Sc. degree in Chemistry or related field of study;
- Computer literacy in software typical of petrochemical laboratories;
- Familiarity with scientific methods for collecting and analyzing oil & gas related samples; Performing analysis of reservoir fluids (crude oil, natural gas, gas condensate, and others) at reservoir and atmospheric conditions;
- Experience operating and maintaining PVT apparatus and associated equipment is a major asset;
- Experience with operation and maintenance of gas chromatographs, automated titrators, and other equipment used in the petroleum testing industry;
- Performing regular maintenance of laboratory equipment and supplies;
- Following all responsibilities outlined in laboratory’s ISO 17025:2017 quality management system
- Following all responsibilities outlined in laboratory’s technical, health and safety, and environmental procedures;
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills; and
- Good communication skills.
Contact Stephanie Collins, HR Consultant/Recruiter at email@example.com
Our client embraces diversity. Individuals that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted