Website St. John's Fish Exchange
Are you looking for your next culinary career?
Our client, the St. John’s Fish Exchange is looking for an Executive Chef to guide the food service for their premium casual original concept restaurant. With a focus on locally sourced, creatively prepared dishes, you’ll have the opportunity to truly make your mark on the local dining landscape in this high energy environment.
And – as one of the busiest restaurants in the city – compensation is industry leading.
The Ideal Candidate
- You are an experienced restaurant industry professional with 5+ years experience, most recently in a senior Chef position
- You have the drive and discipline to manage and inspire a kitchen of 10+ people
- You are a leader who can motivate your team to greatness and personal accountability
- You are committed to every aspect of the customer’s dining experience, including presentation and consistency
- Your skill set is eclectic, and you can work with any number of menus and ingredients
- You add value by maximizing the financial performance of all areas under your responsibility
- Every day, your goal is happy people working in a clean kitchen preparing amazing food
- At least 5 years of kitchen management experience
- Red Seal certification an asset
- Strong knowledge of back of house operations
- Follow sanitation procedures, adhering to all health and safety regulations
- Strong understanding of cost and labour systems
- Ability to work under pressure and react quickly
- Strong leadership and communication skills combined with computer and math skills
- Strong work ethic to go along with a stable work history
Contact Stephanie Collins, HR Consultant/Recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our client embraces diversity. Individuals that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted