Our client, a full-service solutions company, providing product and service expertise to regional, national and international customers is continuing to grow. They are seeking a Business Unit Manager to join their team. Based out St. John’s, NL offices, they will be responsible for leading business development and sales in throughout Atlantic Canada.
About the Role:
Reporting directly to the VP/COO and working as a peer with other Business Unit Managers, you will oversee Operations Managers as well as the sales team consisting of inside and outside sales people. The Technical Services Business Unit Manager will work closely with the leadership team on strategies to expand the current business portfolio. As a strong mentor and coach, you will champion the continuous development of the service and sales teams. Proven experience leading a high-performance team focusing on quality technical service delivery coupled with business development will provide the candidate the right balance of skills to be well positioned in an ever-changing competitive landscape.
As the ideal candidate, you possess a degree or diploma in Business/Management/Administration or related field, some formal training in technical services, fire protection and life safety systems along with 2-5 years’ experience in a sales or service leadership role. Must have a continuous improvement mindset and ability to work within a Quality Management System to provide excellent Technical Service support to our customer base. A knowledge of industry standards and regulatory requirements would also be considered an asset. With a track record of success, strong business acumen and an unwavering commitment to excellence, you possess the ability to inspire and motivate a team of professionals to work toward a common goal. You deliver results and outstanding customer service. You have a strong understanding of service standards and business development and ability to guide a team to facilitate growth. This is an opportunity with considerable potential for further growth.
- Works closely with operations, Operations Managers, Shop Manager and sales to understand customer service requirements, advise of new business requiring service and work with the service / sales team to deliver on customer commitments
- Works with service and operations team to continuously improve on service delivery
- Works to improve technician efficiency
- Plans, directs and coordinates the efforts of the team toward the accomplishment of business objectives
- Creates and evaluates sales plans and strategies with the team and develops Business Unit plans with targets by business segment, customer, vendor, etc. Develops business plans, strategies, budgets and related planning to effectively grow the business unit, including hiring and training of staff and purchase of related equipment
- Develops objectives, policies and programs for sales and service activities
- Establishes and maintains senior management level contacts with existing and potential key customers
- Establishes, assigns and continuously measures objectives for his/her Direct Reports; Implements and fosters a professional environment to contribute to a positive work culture for employees and customers alike
- Forecasts, tracks and manages the annual revenue, margin and expense budgets for the business unit
- Able to travel as required
- Understands and lives by the company’s business conduct policies
- Accountable for achievement of quarterly and annual business unit plan
- Relevant product and industry knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Experienced user of MS Outlook and company ERP and CRM tools
- Valid Driver’s License; Passport; Up to date criminal records check
This company offers a competitive total compensation and benefits package. If you are excited by the opportunity to work for a highly successful company, please apply directly online.
Michelle Flynn | Senior Recruiter/ HR Consultant | email@example.com
Jump Recruitment Specialists| www.jumpcareers.ca | 709-576-0980
We embrace diversity. Individuals that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest, however; only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.