On behalf of our client, Place Bonaventure Condominium Corporation (PBCC), Jump Recruitment Specialists is currently seeking an experienced Building and Grounds Manager, who embodies a highly confidential and professional approach and demonstrates a sense of pride in work well done, to join their amazing team in St. John’s, NL.
Who Are We?
The Corporation is a prestigious, architecturally significant condo building located in the heart of St. John’s with 61 well- appointed condominium units. The Corporation wishes to keep all aspects of the physical infrastructure and grounds well maintained. The Building and Grounds Manager will be key to achieving this objective.
Reporting to the Residential Property Manager and working under the guidance and direction of the Chair of the Property Management Committee, the Building and Grounds Manager will oversee the maintenance, upkeep and cleanliness of the grounds and buildings (the property) and will also be responsible for the following recurring and one- time activities:
- Perform regular inspections and assessments of the property to identify significant issues of potential concern affecting the safety or integrity of the buildings and grounds in the short and longer terms.
- At the request of the Property Committee and under the direction of the property management company will draft and evaluate appropriate Requests for Proposal (RFP) for major repair initiatives or third- party services at the Property.
- Oversee the scope and quality of work on the Property by third party Contractors, including after -hours emergency work ensuring that contractors respect the property and its residents.
- Maintain a comprehensive directory with appropriate service description and coordinates for qualified Trades People and Contractors who can be contacted 24/7 to respond to emergency situations on the property.
- Attend to all elements of scheduled maintenance, repairs, upkeep, and special occasions set up of the property as identified in the Corporation’s preventative maintenance program and monthly inspections schedule and other activities as directed from time to time.
- Use daily initiative to identify minor repairs, cleaning, and other improvements inside or outside the buildings to ensure that the property is aesthetically appealing to residents and visitors.
- Oversee the onsite daily work of PBCC cleaning staff who report directly to the property management company and identify areas that may require particular attention on a periodic or ongoing basis.
- Keep all common areas in a manner that is clean, tidy, and well organized.
- Ensure that the relevant bylaws and policies of the Corporation are adhered to in relation to major renovations and that contractor qualifications are enforced.
- Respond in an objective and confidential manner to resident complaints and concerns and take appropriate action as outlined in the policies and processes of the Board and its committees
- Respond to all emergencies related to fire/water or ambulance arrival when notified by property residents.
- Develop and replenish as needed an inventory of supplies and products required to clean and maintain the property.
- Provide regular written reports as prescribed to the property management company and the Property Committee regarding ongoing work, issues of concern and progress on major project initiatives
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- High school diploma along with a construction related trade certificate is preferred
- Familiarity with building, fire, mechanical and electrical systems, building and workplace safety guidelines and building codes
- Experience developing and evaluating responses to RFPs
- Experience overseeing contractors and staff and identifying issues with work quality or project work deficiencies
- Project management experience would be a significant asset
- Ability to develop and maintain an expense budget
- Computer skills consistent with document development, development and maintenance of a comprehensive electronic filing system for documents such as RFPs and contractor responses, correspondence, and policies as well as development of spread sheets.
- Well -developed time management, organizational and supervisory skills
- Communication and interpersonal skills consistent with maintaining a respectful and collegial relationship with and among residents, visitors, and contractors.
- A Competitive salary
- 3 weeks paid vacation
- Benefits Package
- A live in condo if desired
- Plus, so much more!
If you are someone who takes pride in their work with a keen attention to detail – have the qualifications and are prepared to bring your “A” game, apply today!
For more information, please reach out to:
Sarah French, Senior Recruiter | email@example.com
Jump Recruitment Specialists | www.jumpcareers.ca
We embrace diversity. Individuals that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills are encouraged to apply. Applicants considered for the position will be subject to a background check. This opportunity is only available for candidates legally entitled to work in Canada. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit jumpcareers.ca.