Jump Recruitment is currently seeking candidates for the permanent, full-time position of Bookkeeper for our client located in St. John’s, NL.
WHO WE ARE:
Our client is a management company that oversees 400 employees, 10 quick service restaurants, multiple commercial and residential properties.
As Bookkeeper, you will be responsible for managing the overall financial operations, and will provide accurate information, including analysis, budgeting, forecasting, costing, and preparing financial reports. The Bookkeeper will be responsible for directing and managing the company’s accounting functions, including establishing and maintaining accounting principles, practices, and procedures as well as the preparation of financial statements. The Bookkeeper maintains the company’s accounting systems and implements changes as required.
- Bank and Credit Card reconciliation.
- Contribute to the accuracy/productivity of day-to-day activities of accounts payable, cash disbursements, accounts receivable, payroll and fixed assets records.
- GST/HST and payroll remittance.
- Compile and analyze financial reporting packages-monthly, yearly, and year-to-date.
- Administration of capital assets records/accounting.
- Complete financial and operational analysis relate to projects and growth opportunities.
- Management of projects, inventory and WIP.
- Provide accurate and timely reporting on the financial activity of individual projects.
- Establish guidelines for budget and forecast preparation and prepare annual budgets.
- Maintain and balance intercompany accounts.
- Timely and accurate preparation of monthly financial statements, including management reports and variance analysis for management review.
- Other duties as assigned.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Certificate/Diploma – Business Administration/ Concentration in Accounting
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience working with a group of companies
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Understanding of financial data analysis and reporting
- Ability to deliver quality work on tight deadlines, with strong organization and priority setting skills
- Advanced computer skills
- Strong interpersonal, and communication skills
- Initiative-taking and self-directed
OUR COMMITMENT TO EMPLOYMENT EXCELLENCE:
- Our client offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a generous benefits package.
If you are a highly motivated team player, have the qualifications, and are prepared to meet the challenges as outlined, apply in confidence today! For more information, please contact:
Christine Phillips | HR Consultant & Executive Recruiter | firstname.lastname@example.org
Jump Recruitment | https://www.jumpcareers.ca/
At Higher Talent we recognize the value of diversity and are committed to making intentional steps toward building inclusive teams that better reflect the communities Higher Talent and the organizations we serve operate within. We believe that inclusion is not just about making room at the table but about seeking out talent through a diversity lens and letting everyone know that their unique perspectives are important contributions to building stronger workplaces in a changing world.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply for our posted positions. We welcome candidates to self-identify or make our recruitment team aware of any potential accommodations they may need during the recruitment process.
This opportunity is only available for candidates legally entitled to work in Canada. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit www.jumpcareers.ca.