The Comfort Hotel, St. John’s are seeking an energetic and well-organized Banquet Manager to provide their customers with a first-class banquet experience.
WHO WE ARE:
When you stay at one of our award-winning hotels, the family environment really permeates throughout each property. Many of our staff have been with us a long, long time and we think it really sets us apart from other hotels.
We have a group of industrious people here that have the ‘disease to please’ and their values are closely aligned with ours, as far as family goes. Values like putting people and our customers and communities very much in the forefront. We just love the people in this business.
We love our staff and the heartwarming stories they share from serving guests like you. As Newfoundlanders, we are really connected to people, and it is important to us to make those connections. That is really our passion for this business.
As a Banquet Manager, you will liaise with the banquet sales director and the head chef to meet customer expectations. Your duties will include controlling the cost and quality of services, preparing the venue, and coordinating the service of meals. You will also support the event coordinators with Menus and provide guidance.
To be successful as a banquet manager, you should exhibit extensive experience in managing banquets and delivering services within budget. Outstanding Banquet Managers ensure that customers receive a level of service that exceeds expectations.
- Discussing sales contract details with the banquet sales director and the head chef.
- Planning the venue layout according to the number of guests and the type of event.
- Determining the number of table waiters and servers required.
- Supervising the placement of tables, chairs, cutlery, plates, glasses, table linens, centerpieces, heating lamps, serving utensils, and carving stations.
- Consulting with the Head Chef regarding the timing of meal courses to be served.
- Overseeing the seating of guests, the serving of meals and beverages, and the clearing of tables.
- Managing the availability of liquor and soft drinks, when required.
- Preparing work schedules and completing documentation in a timely manner.
- Answering customers’ questions and accommodating special requests.
- Leading and coaching all colleagues in the banquet services department
- Maintaining high staff morale and team spirit within the Banquet Department.
- Coordinate food and beverage delivery for events held in the hotel.
- Planning all necessary details pertaining to events in all banquet and meeting rooms to maintain the standards expected by management.
- Schedule and Sick call Support.
- Other duties as required.
Requirements and Expectations:
- Accredited certificate or diploma in catering, culinary Arts, hospitality, or similar.
- Bachelor’s degree in hospitality and culinary arts preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in banquet management, or similar.
- Proficiency in catering management software, such as Better Cater and Caterease.
- Exceptional ability to plan banquets, manage budgets, and meet deadlines.
- Experience in supervising banquet venue staff.
- Ability to collaborate with Banquet Sales Directors and Head Chefs.
- Extensive knowledge of catering equipment and venue requirements.
- In-depth knowledge of hospitality industry best practices.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Sam Carberry | HR Consultant | email@example.com
Jump Recruitment Specialists | www.jumpcareers.ca
We embrace diversity. Individuals that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest, however; only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. Applicants considered for the position will be subject to a background check. This opportunity is only available for candidates legally entitled to work in Canada.
To apply for this job please visit jumpcareers.ca.