Jump Recruitment is currently seeking highly motivated candidates for the position of Assistant Manager for our client, Guillevin. This is a full-time permanent position with an opportunity for advancement located in Corner Brook, NL.
Corner Brook is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Newfoundland. There is plenty of local shopping and restaurants in the city. Corner Brook is also known for its outdoor facilities, such as Marble Mountain Ski Resort. All this in the friendliest climate in Canada, surrounded by some of the most beautiful wilderness in the world.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY:
Guillevin International Co. date from a business founded in 1906 and ranks among Canada’s largest distributors of electrical material. It is also a major distributor of safety products and equipment as well as industrial supplies. Its knowledgeable employees working in more than 100 Profit Centres in key locations across Canada ensure Guillevin’s success by distributing a wide variety of products from selected world-class manufacturers. To find out more, please visit: https://www.guillevin.com/
To meet customers’ expectations by offering excellent service and share the success with its employees are the values sustaining the management philosophy of Guillevin International. Since its earliest beginnings, the company’s guiding values have been service, quality and its people.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Fast-paced, dynamic, empowering, and friendly work environment open to today’s reality.
- Competitive salary and participation in our generous profit-sharing program that recognizes the individual contribution of our employees. There is no limit to your ingenuity; you are encouraged to create, improve, learn and surpass yourself.
- Flexible benefits program where you can choose the benefits and levels of coverage that are right for you.
- Health, dental, paramedical & vision care, and prescription medication.
- Short- and long-term disability benefits because you never know what the future holds.
- Supplemental Health Insurance.
- Life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) with Telemedicine
- Travel Insurance
Reporting to the Business Centre Manager, the Assistant Manager is a highly motivated team-player with sales and management skills, and strong entrepreneurship who are interested in developing a career at Guillevin. Through our intensive management training, you will build on everything you have learned so far in your career as you become familiar with our industry, our culture, the system, the financials, and the products, to ultimately grow to manage our Business Centre in Corner Brook as if it was your own business. If you are energetic, enthusiastic, with a high attitude for learning Guillevin encourages you to apply!
- Develop and prioritize plans designed to address issues and attack growth opportunities.
- Grow the Business Centre to be in a competitive advantage with respect to market share and continue to grow their business annually at a rate greater than the market.
- Develop strong relationships with key suppliers’ local and regional representatives; create and manage annual business plans with them.
- Build strong customer relationships with the Centre’s key customers and grow their sales territory gross margin annually.
- Attract, hire, develop, motivate and retain outstanding employees; create a culture of high performance.
- Know and understand all our system functionalities.
- Reflect the core values of the Business Centre and the Company by acting and managing in a professional and ethical manner, in accordance with our Company’s Policies and Procedures.
- Engage in continued personal and professional development and inspire his/her employees to follow suit.
- Become familiar with specific industry codes and requirements relating to all aspects of the servicing of safety equipment.
- University degree or equivalent (relevant years of related experience may be applicable);
- Over five (5) years’ experience in sales and management and/or experience in the serving or directly working with related safety equipment.
- Strong abilities in leadership, negotiation, management and decision-making;
- Strong customer service orientation, entrepreneurial spirit and strong willingness to learn and develop skills;
- Team-oriented, self-motivated, highly organized and the ability to use sound judgement.
If you are results orientated, communicate effectively, exude people skills,
and are prepared to meet the challenges as outlined, apply in strictest confidence today!
For more information, please reach out to:
Krista Tapper, Senior HR Consultant | firstname.lastname@example.org
Jump Recruitment Specialists | www.jumpcareers.ca
At Higher Talent we recognize the value of diversity and are committed to making intentional steps toward building inclusive teams that better reflect the communities Higher Talent and the organizations we serve operate within. We believe that inclusion is not just about making room at the table but about seeking out talent through a diversity lens and letting everyone know that their unique perspectives are important contributions to building stronger workplaces in a changing world.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply for our posted positions. We welcome candidates to self-identify or make our recruitment team aware of any potential accommodations they may need during the recruitment process.
This opportunity is only available for candidates legally entitled to work in Canada. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit jumpcareers.ca.