Our client is multi-location recreational organization offering events and dinning. They are currently seeking an experienced full-time accountant to join their team in St. John’s, NFLD. As the Accountant, you will provide accounting support to the General Manager and the CFO.
- Preparation of monthly financial statements for the General Manager, CFO and President to ensure compliance with GAAP and Club policies and procedures
- Responsible for monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts and processing journal entries
- Performs complex accounting activities to record, analyze, and monitor financial information
- Prepare Financial schedules or account analysis as requested by Director of Finance, CFO, General Manager or Department Heads to assist in their management duties
- Provides support and responds to information requests in the year-end process
- Work with the Director of Finance to prepare annual operating and capital budgets and interim forecasting
- Assess monthly inventory levels to ensure margins
- Assist in the safeguarding of petty cash
- Recording and balancing daily sales
- Bank reconciliation and deposit preparation
- Ensure annual license applications, permit applications, WHSCC, and other annual reports are promptly and accurately prepared
- Accounts receivable and accounts payable functions
- Bi-Weekly Payroll preparation and submission
- Working knowledge of accounting and a thorough understanding QuickBooks is required
- Post-secondary education (such as a two-year Business Diploma Program, specializing in Accounting) would be an asset
- Candidate must be able to work independently, possess strong communications skills, and be comfortable with computer technology
- Strong background in analytical accounting
If you are a team player with a positive attitude, please apply online:
Jump Recruitment Specialists| www.jumpcareers.ca
Our client has a positive culture. It embraces diversity, and individuals that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit jumpcareers.ca.