Our client, Home Hardware Torbay Road, a member of Canada’s largest independent home improvement retail group, is looking for a Hardware Store Manager for their expanding businesses.
The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of running the store on a daily basis, including providing consistently outstanding customer service, helping maximize store sales and profitability, managing expenses, ensuring that the store is optimally stocked and merchandised, and overseeing staff development. Retail management experience required; hardware knowledge extremely beneficial.
Are you a leader who can motivate, build teams and model customer service? If you have experience in retail management and want an environment where your talents and hard work are appreciated and rewarded, then we encourage you to consider this position in the east end of St. John’s, NL.
The major responsibilities for this position include:
• Ensure each customer receives outstanding service
• Oversee all store employees’ activity to ensure that the store is running efficiently and profitably
• Oversee retail inventory to maintain appropriate stock levels, ensure report accuracy and reduce shrinkage
• Ensure that scheduling meets seasonal customer demand
• Ensure merchandising, visual presentation and cleanliness standards are upheld
• Ensure safety policies and procedures are consistently followed
• Maintain awareness of all promotions and advertisements
• Train, coach, and observe associates using the resources provided
• Execute the daily operations and take on additional tasks and projects as assigned by Store Owners
Looking for a “people” person, with a helpful, cheerful, and positive attitude and managerial experience. Store Manager must be committed to service excellence, take pride in good work, and have a proven ability to supervise, lead, and motivate others.
The minimum requirements for this position include:
• Minimum of 3-5 years retail management experience as a store manager or equivalent
• High School diploma, some college preferred
• Strong leadership and organizational skills
• A commitment to service excellence and customer satisfaction
• Ability to manage demands in a fast paced, dynamic environment
• Product knowledge of hardware related products preferred
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in all situations
• Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks with a high attention to detail
• Knowledge of retail computer systems, MS Word and Excel a plus
• Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays to meet the needs of the business
If you are interested in this outstanding opportunity for a strong leader to develop and lead a great customer service team, that offers salary and bonus commensurate with experience, great benefits including health & dental insurance, and generous employee discount, please forward your resume in confidence to:
Michelle Flynn| Senior Recruiter | email@example.com
Jump Recruitment Specialists| www.jumpcareers.ca
We embrace diversity. Individuals that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest, however; only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.