Our client is a locally owned and significant food service establishment with a menu that emphasizes in-house creativity in the Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia.
On behalf of our client, we are currently searching for a hands-on Chef to oversee the kitchen operations. The successful candidate will be a creative leader who demonstrates a high-level of professionalism throughout their work.
• Provide leadership and supervision to strong culinary teams
• Selecting/hiring/developing food service personnel
• Responsible for menu development, inventory management and margin/cost-control
• Integrate market trends into the operation
• Ensure food service and quality standards are met
• Involvement in promoting, marketing and community events
• Responsible for financial reporting of food operations, profitability and customer satisfaction
• Selection and negotiation of supply arrangements
• Selecting and maintaining food service equipment
• Developing and executing standardization of operations
• Be readily available and willing to be hands on in food preparation
• 5 or more years of food service experience as a Red Seal chef required
• 10 or more years of experience in the food service industry
• Demonstrated experience with menu development, inventory management and cost-control
• Strong supervisory and leadership skills with previous experience leading a culinary team
• Experience using Microsoft word, Excel programs and electronic POS systems
Our client is offering a competitive compensation package. If you are an experienced Chef interested in an opportunity where your creativity and passion will be valued, we look forward to hearing from you!
Please forward your resume in confidence to:
Jessica Cahill| Human Resources Consultant| email@example.com
Jump Recruitment Specialists| www.jumpcareers.ca
We embrace diversity. Individuals that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.