Our client offers some of the best-known pub dining in downtown the St. John’s Newfoundland, and has had a reputation for great food and friendly service for many, many years. Their unique location enables them to run two restaurants in one building and they are seeking a highly qualified individual to fit the role of Assistant General Manager.
The successful candidate must be a self-motivator, a solid team player, exhibit strong communication skills, and be extremely detail oriented. This position is designed to provide the restaurant with the ability to maintain and execute high standards of quality in food preparation with quick service output.
• Assuming responsibility for the business performance of the restaurants including budgeting, forecasting and other reports.
• Responsible for all front of house human resources related activities
• Communicating with Office Managers on deadlines and projects
• Participating in planning and coordinating menus.
• Coordinating and managing all operations and shift scheduling
• Ensuring customer satisfaction
• Meeting and greeting customers and organizing table reservations to maximize sales
• Advising customers on menu choices
• Responsible for all administration for internal and external functions catered
• Meeting with clients to organize all catering details of their event and site visit and ensuring their execution
• Involvement in the sales process of catering business, seeking opportunities to drive revenues
• Involvement with the development of banquet menus and pricing structures based on competitive analysis
• Taking a leading role and maintaining high standards of quality control, hygiene, health and safety
• Order processing as well as monthly meetings and other related duties as required
• 5 years minimum Food and Beverage industry experience in an Upper Management role.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Bachelor’s Degree Preferred: Hospitality Degree beneficial
• Budgeting experience
• Exceptional communication skills
• Exceptional time management skills
• Strong customer service skills
• Exceptional detail orientation
• Flexible work schedule
• Good problem-solving skills
• Proficient in computer use including MS Office, Word and Excel as well as Social Media Networks.
• Strong knowledge of Newfoundland Tourism is an asset.
Our client offers a competitive salary and an attractive benefits package.
If you are interested in this unique and exciting opportunity, please apply in confidence to:
Karen Larter| Recruitment Specialist | firstname.lastname@example.org
Jump Recruitment Specialists| www.jumpcareers.ca
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.